Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Don't believe everything you read...

Last night, I decided I had hit my breaking point. From all I've read, by 2 months, babies no longer "need" to be fed in the middle of the night, they just expect it. So after Maddie woke up at 2 am, I decided it would be best for all of us if she went to sleep in her own bed, because according to what I've read (once again) babies tend to sleep better on their own.
Ha. I put her in her bassinet, and she was not having it. I remembered though that Kiley never enjoyed her bassinet either, but did pretty well once we moved her to the crib. So I thought, ok, I'll do that with Maddie.
Once again, ha! To make a long story short, at 4 am I had finally rocked her to sleep to the point that she did not seem like she was going to wake up. I turned her mobile and nightlight on, put her down, went back to my bed, and turned on the baby monitor....and could not fall asleep!!! Maddie was sound asleep, the only noise coming from her room at all was the lullabyes from her mobile, but I was wide awake. Finally, after about 15 minutes (I know because her mobile automatically turns off after that time and it turned off while I was still awake) I fell into a very light sleep, until 6:00 when Maddie woke up ready to eat. I brought her to bed, fed her, and here it is, almost 11:00 am, and she's still sleeping soundly...in my bed!
So, moral of the story: don't believe everything you read. Neither Maddie nor I slept better or longer with her in her own bed. I'll try again soon....promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment