...is homemade baby food! When I had Kiley, at the young age of 21, I didn't think much about feeding her Gerber jarred baby food. After I found out I was pregnant with Madelyn, I did some research on it and decided to do homemade baby food-it's better for babies, as well as more economically and environmentally friendly. I am not one to judge people who do use store-bought baby food, just to be perfectly clear. I am just explaining my choice this time around. The best resource I've found for baby food recipes is Wholesome Baby Foods. Great recipes and feeding guidelines. I still want to get a cookbook of baby food recipes to keep in the kitchen, too. Yesterday I went ahead and made my first batches of baby food, since they can be frozen for up to 3 months. I made applesauce from some Granny Smith apples we had, and green beans from some frozen ones we had (frozen is the next best thing after fresh). So with minimal effort and very little cost I ended up with 8 ounces of applesauce and 4 ounces of green beans. Next on the agenda-sweet potatoes and carrots! Pretty soon my it'll be time for my little princess to try these out:
No comments:
Post a Comment