Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day

Sunday was Father's Day. I always try really hard to make Father's Day super special for Casey, since he always makes Mother's Day great for me. I never feel like we do enough, though, but I always leave everything up to him, so maybe he just enjoys having a lazy day? Ha, I am never really a fan of a lazy day-I take about one every three months, if that. This year, Kiley had the idea to bring him breakfast in bed, so we did that-super fluffy pancakes with cinnamon cream and bacon. Then we gave him his gifts-a nice new shirt and a grill set. After that we were lazy for a long time, then we drove Kiley out to see the neighborhood we're hoping to live in by the end of July, then off to Five Guys for dinner, yum! We love Five Guys, and could probably eat there every day. Oh, and I made Casey some old fashioned banana pudding, his favorite dessert of all time. I rarely make it, and I don't know why. I build this mythology in my head that it's really time consuming and ridiculous, but it only really takes about 30-45 minutes start to finish, and its easy. Oh well. Maybe I'll start making it more.
Maddie loves being able to sit in high chairs now!

Daddy and his girls

No comments:

Post a Comment