Saturday, June 18, 2011

Kiley's Recital

This year was Kiley's second year at dance. Her recital was a theme of Disney, and they performed at TPAC, which is the theater downtown. I love watching her in dance. She was planning on quitting after this year, but then changed her mind at the recital, she loves performing I guess! We will probably put her in a different dance school though, because while she's had fun at her school the past two years, I don't think they really challenge the older kids or teach them much, so putting in her a different school with real choreography and such would test to see if this is something she really wants to do.
Anyway. She had 3 dances, a ballet, a tap, and a jazz of sorts. Her ballet was done to Cinderella's "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
Love this costume!
With some of her friends from class
Sorry, I'll have no pictures of the girls on stage. Photography isn't allowed during the recital, and I forgot my camera on dress rehearsal night :( Her next dance, which was the "jazz" performance was to "Steady as the Beating Drum" from Pocahontas. It was both my favorite dance and my favorite costume. Kiley killed it in that dance! She remembered every step and was on beat the whole time. I was just beaming.

4 & 5 year old class
Miss Stacey gave all the girls this adorable Mickey cookie
And last was Kiley's favorite dance and costume-"Under the Sea" from the Little Mermaid. It was a tap dance, and it was my second favorite.

Girls were anxious to get on stage!
My little celebrity checking herself out


All in all, it was a great night. After the show we gave her some gorgeous flowers, then she went home with Nana and Papa for a whole week! She comes home today, and I can't wait- I've missed her so much.

Love this picture of the girls

No comments:

Post a Comment